Tension – a survival adventure game, in which you have to stay alive in the hostile world of Void and to get out from it as quick as possible. The choice is either to support life in its horrifying Hunters or its mournful girls or strip them of it. The way you pass through The Void is the way it changes. The way it reflects upon you.
The surrealistic world of Tension is based on a single resource that grants the ability to live and act – Lympha. Each color of Lympha possesses its own character and unique properties – both useful and dangerous. Only Lympha gives life, but it can take it back as well. Hunters’ blood, captured creature, gracious girls, tree brought to life, just everything is the source of Lympha. Any action you take: battling an enemy, talking to a Sister, hunting, searching, traveling – the price in exchange is Lympha.
The dynamic, interactive environment and the severe resource shortage constantly put the player into unexpected circumstances. Although the player is free to use any colors any time he should mind his global strategy, since the finale will turn out the way the world is painted. The gameplay in Tension is non-linear the ending (one of the 11) depends on the color and the amount of Lympha used.
- 1. Lympha – the unified resource: the currency, the hero’s health, armory and inventory, the character’s stat system and the world settings.
- 2. All the actions are done via drawing by Lympha. The amount of Lympha used influences the effectiveness of the result.
- 3. The diversity of gameplay based greatly on random appearance and distribution of resources.
- 4. 7 colors of Lympha are of the same value of nutrition, but produce a different effect in the same situations, if used.
- 5. Each color of Lympha can benefit and each can harm. The player can take advantage of a color, though even a drop of any color can change the world of the Gap.
- Operationg system: Windows ® XP
- Processor: Intel Pentium ® 4 2GHz/AMD Athlon 2000+
- RAM: 512 MB (1 GB Recommended)
- Videocard: GeForce FX 5600 128Mb/ATI Radeon 9600 128 MB (Recommended: GeForce 6800 256Mb/ATI Radeon X800 256 MB)
- CD-ROM 8x
- 6 GB free space on hard drive
- DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
Ice-peak Engine:Features a powerful, designer-friendly set of developing tools:
- WYSIWYG editor
- Import content from popular 3D design software (including 3D MAX and Maya)
- Particle systems module helps create fundamentally new particle effects
- Ragdoll module
- Powerful C++-like scripting engine simplifies advanced AI programming and game logic
- A realistic lighting model, including point, directional, volume, cubemap light sources, and skylights. Support for global lighting and high dynamic range (HDR). Photon lightmaps. Soft Shadows.
- Flexible material and surface rendering system. Support for reflections, refraction, and volumetric fog.
- Know-how technology: the R-Buffer creates surreal liquid effects.
- A system for combining 2D images for complex post-processing and UI effects.
- Realistic physics based on AGEIA PhysX engine.
- Easy creation of game MODs.